Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Home is where I am


"Home for you is wherever you hang your hat." Fern Keller (my mother), 1957.

Kia Ora!

We leave Invercargill tomorrow morning April 17, a bittersweet departure. While this has been a rewarding experience, we are anxious to get and give besos y brasos to our kids (that's Texas talk for hugs and kisses). Waiting for us will be 4 of our 5 kids and 3 grandchildren. Who wouldn't want to come home to that?

First we fly through Christchurch to Auckland. We are staying there one night so The Kiwi Consort can interview for yet another temporary position in palliative care for next year. I guess he likes it! Friday afternoon we fly out of Auckland to LA. Then on to Austin via Denver, arriving around midnight.

We will be in Texas for about a month and then drive to Minnesota where this writer will spend the North American summer months. That of course is an adventure in itself, but not one that falls into the vegemite tales category. (Although I brought some vegemite back with me. That stuff is addicting!)

I have more tales about living and traveling in New Zealand (we have lived in Greymouth as well as Invercargill), Antarctica, and the sub-Antarctic islands that I haven't been able to finish and post. And at some time in the future, I will post on this site, all the adventures that I have been sending the select few on e-mail. So here's the deal. I will get them finished as I can and post them on the blog. Essentially, until we return to KiwiLand, this becomes a memoir, albeit one of relatively recent adventures. If you aren't already, I invite you to become a Follower. If it works as it should, the site will just notify you by email when a new posting is up. Then you can read it on the blog and post comments also.

This is the address to bookmark: http://vegemite-tales.blogspot.com/

Thank you for reading my musings. I have so enjoyed the responses I received from you. Until we next meet ...

Cheers and Aroha*!

The Kiwi Traveler

*Maori. Translates akin to Aloha from Hawaii.

No comments: