Search This Blog

Friday, March 1, 2013

On Our Way

Greetings from LAX,

That is as far as KC and I have gotten so far on our trip west to New Zealand. So far.

Back Story: There is no where else on earth KC thinks he would like to be. So he is always angling for work in New Zealand. This is our fourth sojourn to the islands. We have lived in Greymouth, Invercargill, and Takapuna. Today we are heading for Timaru, on the east coast where KC will be employed (and I of course will play and write.) Our departure has been up in the air waiting for passports to be returned from the NZ Embassy in Washington, DC. They arrived on Wednesday afternoon, but our seats on Friday's flights (March 1) had been relinquished. NZ contacts were making the travel arrangements. Whether wait listing paid off or someone pulled strings is unknown to me. On Thursday, February 28 about 4:00 PM we were notified that the trip was on.

 Less than 24 hours and we were underway. Though I planned to take only one piece of luggage plus a carry-on, one glance at the pile I accumulated sent me to the garage to find another piece of luggage. Why does it seem I always take more than I probably need?

So we are this far, staring out the window at the flight activity at Los Angeles airport on a 6 hour layover. We will land in Auckland after an overnight flight of about 12 hours and go right on to Wellington. I will be back on after we arrive and have access to the internet. Kiwi Traveler

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so glad you are blogging your trip again - it is lovely to share your adventures vicariously (without last minute visa approval and sleep deprivation...)